Tuesday, April 14, 2015

For Immediate Release House Explosion 7 Brady Place,



The Fairview Fire District RESPONDS TO House explosion
   
On Tuesday, April 14th, 2015 at approximately 4:35 pm Fairview Firefighters and the City of Poughkeepsie Fire Department were dispatched to 7 Brady Place in the Town of Poughkeepsie for a reported explosion and a house on fire.  Fairview personnel arrived on the scene less than 4 minutes after dispatch and found a residential structure with extensive damage from an explosion with smoke and flames visible.  

Fairview Firefighters extinguished the fire within an hour of arrival.  The explosion has been determined to be a result of a propane gas leak in the area of the basement and has been determined to be accidental.  One occupant of the structure had minor injuries and was treated at the scene. 

Assisting at the scene were City of Poughkeepsie Fire Department, Mobile Life Support Services, Central Hudson, Town of Poughkeepsie Building Department, Town of Poughkeepsie Police Department, and the Dutchess County Department of Emergency Response.  

There were no injuries to emergency responders while at the scene.  The structure has been determined to be unsafe by the Town of Poughkeepsie Building Department.




For additional information, please contact Chief Christopher Maeder at (845) 452-7453 or via email at cmaeder@fairviewfd.net.